- About Travelife
- Why become a member?
- Contact Us
Welcome to Travelife
Taking care of people and nature is an essential part of protecting travel destinations now and for years to come. That’s why we created Travelife - an all-in-one sustainability solution that lets you focus on taking care of business.
Registration to Travelife is free!
To find out more download our Travelife
leaflet by clicking here. The leaflet is available in
a range of languages by choosing resource from
the top menu bar and then choose Travelife leaflet.
Join Travelife NowBecome a member
of Travelife today
How to get startedHints & Tips on how
to become sustainable
ABTA Ltd, 30 Park Street, London SE1 9EQ, Registered in England No. 551311 London
Travelife is a web-based certification system which allows accommodation providers to monitor and self-assess their sustainability performance. The system and its criteria have been developed through a multi-stakeholder consultation process involving tour operators, hoteliers, trade associations, Non-Governmental Organisations, audit firms and academia. Launched in 2007, it is now recognised within the travel and tourism industry as one of the most comprehensive and credible tools. The fact that it is operated by the tourism industry and its close relationship with tour operators, hotel groups, destinations and trade associations guarantees a fair pricing and industry oversight.
Travelife Ltd. is a wholly owned subsidiary of ABTA, the UK trade associations. It is supported by major European trade associations and tour operators like Thomas Cook, TUI and Kuoni.
We believe tourism can enhance the lives of local communities and their environment which is why sustainability of destinations is the core to our vision.
Collection and use of data
2. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”), the data controller is Travelife Limited, unless otherwise confirmed in writing to you at the time your data is collected by Travelife.
3. Travelife can obtain personal data from you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, email and payment details) from a number of different sources:
i. When you supply us with your details when discussing matters over the telephone with us, or if you submit a request for details to be provided to you by mail or email, or via the Website.
ii. Via your individual IP location. This is a function of the Website that enables Travelife to assess session information relating to the use of the Website, such as the duration of the visit, your IP address, operating system and the type of browser used, as well as for system administration and report on statistical use of the Website. Such information is only used for Travelife to evaluate use of the Website, as well as for Travelife to diagnose problems with its server and to administer the Website.
iii. Through ‘Cookies’ (which are stored on the hard drive of your computer), if these are integrated into the Website operation, to enable users to access areas on the Website and to give access to areas of the website and to be able to identify the users correctly. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, please note that if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Website.
4. Travelife needs your name, address and/or email address so that it can send out information to you that you request through the Website and for sending information that it thinks may be of interest to you. If Travelife obtains your consent to pass your information to third parties, this may involve passing such information to third parties outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and by providing Travelife with this information you provide your consent to transfer such information out of the EEA.
5. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to other marketing companies or advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 clicked on an advertisement on the Website on any given day). We may also use such aggregated information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, men in SW1).
7. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets (in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets).
8. You have the right to ask Travelife not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You also have the right to access information held about you by Travelife. Your right to access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA, as amended from time to time, and any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Travelife’s costs in providing you with details on the personal data we hold about you.
9. Travelife operates in accordance with the DPA, and any amendments thereto.
'Unsubscribe' Policy You may at any time unsubscribe to receiving information about Travelife by sending an email to email@example.com.
Change/Modify Details If you change your contact details, please send an email with your new details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact If you have any questions or concerns about the information Travelife holds about you, you may email Travelife at email@example.com. Alternatively, you may write to Travelife at Travelife Ltd, 30 Park Street, London SE1 9EQ.
Terms and Conditions of Use
This page (together with any documents referred to on it) explains to you the terms applicable to your use of the website (www.travelifecollection.com; www.travelife.org) (“the Website”), whether as a guest to the Website, or a registered user. Please read these Terms and Conditions of Use (“Terms”) carefully before you start to use the Website. By using this Website, you indicate that you accept these Terms and that you agree to abide by these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, please refrain from using the Website.
1. The Website is operated by Travelife Limited, company registered number 03290532 whose registered office is at 30 Park Street, London SE1 9EQ (“Travelife”).
2. Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis and Travelife reserves the right to withdraw or amend the service provided on the Website without notice. Travelife shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is not available at any time or for any period. From time to time, Travelife may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, if required. Travelife aims and makes every attempt to update the Website regularly and may change the content (including information about services offered, destinations, tour operators, properties, hotels, etc) at any time. Travelife may therefore have to suspend access to the Website, or close it if necessary. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time and Travelife is under no obligation to update such material.
3. If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code/name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any provision of these Terms.
4. Any contracts for the supply of services or registering / subscribing to the Website are governed by separate terms and conditions, as applicable at the date we enter into those arrangements with you.
5. Where Travelife publishes and controls information on the Website, it will use all reasonable endeavours to correct errors or omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them. However, because of the complex technology that is required in operating the Website there may be times when obvious errors occur. For example, this may result in a description or other detail displayed being incorrect. Travelife endeavours to ensure, but cannot guarantee, that any information provided on the Website is accurate. This information does not form part of any agreement with us and is provided solely as background content. Travelife shall not be held liable in any way whatsoever for any inaccuracy, misunderstanding or expectation drawn from this content.
6. Commentary and other materials posted on the Website are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. Travelife therefore disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. We may from time to time provide interactive services on the Website, including bulletin boards. Where we do provide any interactive services, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and how, and will do our best to assess any possible risks for users when using the interactive service. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on the Website and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards set out in these Terms. Any contributions made to our interactive service must be accurate and genuine and comply will all applicable laws and regulations and must not be defamatory, obscene, offensive, inflammatory, discriminatory, threatening, harassing or in breach of any legal duty to another third party.
7. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website and for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and that they comply with it, and that you have relevant permission in place to use any relevant equipment and internet connection.
8. Whenever you may use a feature that allows you to upload material to the Website, or make contact with others through the Website, you must comply with these content standards and in particular you must ensure the following:
i. You do not use the Website in a way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation, or in a way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has an unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
ii. The Website is not used for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm others (particularly minors) in any way;
iii. You must not use the Website to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards;
iv. There is no access obtained (without our authority), and no interference with, damage or disruption to any part of the Website, any equipment or network on which our Website is stored, any software used in the provision of the Website or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party;
v. You must not transmit, or procure the transmission of, any unsolicited or unauthorised materials or communications (including SPAM), or any data or materials that contain viruses or other technologically harmful programs;
vi. You must not reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the Website or its content in contravention of these Terms, or to access and/or interfere with the Website in any way.
You warrant that any contribution made and/or material uploaded complies with these standards and you agree to indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
9. Content on the Website relating to tour operators, properties, hotels and/or other providers is provided by those third parties and not by Travelife. Travelife does not guarantee that the information displayed on the Website is accurate and Travelife does not provide any warranty in relation to the materials contained on the Website. To the extent permitted by law, Travelife (and other members of its group of companies and third parties connected to Travelife) hereby expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute or common law and any liability for direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by a user in connection with the Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue, loss of business, profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data or goodwill or any other loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable. This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
10. Any links provided on the Website to other websites are not intended to provide an endorsement by Travelife and Travelife will have no liability or responsibility for the content of this or those websites whatsoever. You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link to this Website in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website which is not owned by you. Our Website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our Website other than the homepage without our express consent. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The Website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out above.
11. Travelife cannot guarantee that the Website is free from infection by viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties. You must not misuse the Website by introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful, or uploading documents that may have this affect. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website shall cease immediately. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, equipment programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
12. Travelife does not tolerate practices of corruption or bribery from any persons that it contracts with, including (without limitation) suppliers, agents, tour operators and/or customers. The Website operated by Travelife is operated in accordance with the principles of anti-corruption and anti-bribery (“the Principles”) and anyone using the Website agrees to only use the Website in accordance with these Terms and shall not use the Website in any way that is in contravention of the Principles. If Travelife discovers anyone using the Website outside of the terms of the Principles, then Travelife has the right to restrict access and terminate use of the Website by anyone contravening the Principles and taking any further action as Travelife may decide, in its entire discretion.
13. All rights in the Website, including copyright, the content and design of the Website, is owned by Travelife or used under licence from third party owners. Any use of this Website or its contents, including copyright or storing it or them in whole or part (including downloading extracts of the Website), other than for your personal or non-commercial use, is prohibited without the written permission of Travelife or any relevant third party licensors. You are prohibited from copying, modifying, transmitting, distributing, selling, displaying, licensing or reproducing any content including images and other media on this Website for any commercial purpose. You must also not change the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. If you print off, copy or download any part of the Website in breach of these Terms, your right to use the Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
14. The transmission of unlawful, threatening, defamatory, pornographic, political or racist material is strictly prohibited.
15. If you breach the provisions of these Terms, Travelife shall be entitled to suspend temporarily or permanently terminate your access to the Website, or issue a warning to you. In addition, Travelife may take any further legal action against as may be appropriate and take proceedings against you for any damages and/or reimbursement of costs resulting from the breach by you of these Terms.
16. Any material you upload to the Website will be considered to be non-confidential and non-proprietary and Travelife has the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of the Website. We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our Website if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in these Terms.
18. These Terms may vary from time to time, by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Website. By using this Website you accept that you are bound by the terms and conditions in force at that time and displayed on this page.
19. If any part of these Terms or any document referred to herein is illegal or unenforceable, such portion(s) shall be excluded from these Terms and any relevant document to the minimum extent required and the balance of these Terms and any relevant document shall remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
20. These Terms and any documents, or terms and conditions or policies referred to herein or entered into in addition shall govern the entire relationship between the parties relating to the use of the Website to the exclusion of any other terms.
21. It is not the intention of the parties to confer any rights on any third parties by virtue of these Terms and accordingly the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these Terms.
22. These Terms and any disputes that may arise between you and Travelife will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties shall submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.